City Lit Blog
City Lit ‘take over’ at The NINES, Peckham
To coincide with a major exhibition by emerging art talent on the Foundation diploma art and design at next door Copeland Gallery, City Lit is pleased to announce our ‘take over’ at the The Nines bar and in Peckham.
Our take over aims to showcase the rich creative talent to emerge from City Lit as well as bring a taste of what we do to the creative heart of South London. Stop wondering 'what if?' and join us this April to try your hand at a variety of taster sessions including screen printing, street photography and jewellery making. Or come along to The Nines, enjoy a drink, see some art, and celebrate what happens if you engage your creative potential.
Wednesday 5th April
Live Music from 5 4 SAX and The Scunts in the saloon room - 20:00 - 23:00 - Drop in
Thursday 6th April
- What if..? Exhibition talk by Ian Tucknott, followed by exhibition tours - 11:30 - 13:00 - Drop in
- Ukulele Workshop - 14:00 - 15:30 - £5.00 – Book
- City Lit Flicks - 19:00 - 20:00 - Drop in
- Flamenco dance workshop - 20:30 - 22:00 - Drop in
Friday 7th April
- A taste of creative writing - 11:30-13:30 - Book
- Can bad art be good talk and workshop - 14:00 - 17:00 - £5.00 – Book
- City Lit talks back - 19:00 - 20:00 - Drop in
- Jazz dance workshop workshop - 20:30 - 22:00 - Drop in
Saturday 8th April
- Design and Make a Pendant with Cuttlefish Casting - 11:15 - 13:30 - £5.00 – Book
- Screen print taster course: Make a screen print from paper stencils - 13:45 - 15:00 and 15:15 - 16:30 - £10.00 – Book
- What if...Peckham: design and make statement jewellery for the future of Peckham - 14:30-17:00 - Drop in
Sunday 9th April
- Street Photography Peckham - 11:15 - 16:30 - £20.00 – Book
See art and design and performing arts for our courses plus full details of the Foundation diploma in art and design: stage 1, starting September 2017, and Foundation diploma in art and design: stage 2, starting April 2017
The NINES, a playful bar, kitchen and venue in the Copeland Park complex is in the heart of Peckham's emerging creative quarter. As an integral part of this culturally rich scene, they are dedicated to curating an events programme of music, arts and parties that reflect the spirit of our local community.