City Lit Blog
Deaf Day 2017
Deaf Day 2017
Join us on Saturday 22nd April, from 10am-4pm, for Deaf Day 2017.
For 21 years, Deaf Day has attracted thousands of deaf, hard of hearing and hearing people of every age from across the UK. People come to socialise, exchange information and celebrate deaf issues.
Visit a range of exhibition stands with organisations and groups demonstrating products and services. Enjoy free entertainment, course taster sessions and workshops throughout the day.
What you can expect?
- Free taster courses in massage, yoga, aromatherapy, pottery and jewellery-making
- Free workshops on Lipreading, BSL and Deaf History
- BSL poetry entertainment
- Creche for young children (room 503, from 10:30-12:15 and 13:00-15:30)
- Family craft activities including face painting (room 502, from 13:30-15:30)
- Starbucks are serving coffee in the 1st floor lounge area from 10:00-16:00
- Our cafe on the ground floor is open from 9:30-16:00
- Lots of exhibitions!
Here are some of the organisations exhibiting at Deaf Day 2017:
- RAD, SignVideo, Signature, BDA Youth, British Deaf History Society, IBSL, NUBSLI, Deafinitely Theatre, ASLI, VLP, Deaf CAMHS, Metropolitan Police, London Fire Brigade and many more...
Location: City Lit, Keeley Street, WC2B 4BA, London.
Admission is free - all welcome!
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org