What is the course about?
This two-hour workshop is ideal if you are returning to language learning after a long time or if you are new to languages. It will give you practical study tips and help you to make the most of your upcoming course.
What will we cover?
- Feel more confident to participate actively in a language class
- Familiarise yourself with some basic grammar terminology
- Experience some common types of class activities
- Discover strategies and resources that can enhance your learning.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Have a better idea of what to expect from your language class and how to make the most of the activities
- Grasp basic grammar terminology to help you understand the language structure
- Be aware of strategies and resources available and how they can enhance your learning.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is relevant for all levels but only for students that are new to learn a language at City Lit.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will experience typical activities that you would participate in a language class such as pair work, discussions….
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No, all material will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Start your langue course!
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details