Volunteering at City Lit
Over 21 million people volunteer in the UK at least once a year – all making a big difference to individuals and communities every day from improving the environment we live in, spending time with those who may otherwise be lonely and contributing to a range of other essential services and support.
Volunteers’ Week celebrates these contributions from 1st to 12th June this year, and you can find information about events throughout the UK on the Volunteers' Week website [external website] - it also tells you how to volunteer yourself and don’t quite know where to start.
For the next academic year, we are planning to offer a range of volunteering opportunities here at City Lit. Potential volunteers will then be able to apply for a range of volunteering opportunities; these may include:
- In-class support, assisting teachers on English, maths and ESOL courses
- Being a “reading buddy” for students with low literacy skills
- Assisting disabled students with simple in-class tasks
- Supporting adults with learning difficulties in-class
- Assisting deaf students in computing classes
- Administrative assistance (e.g. survey follow-up; data clearance)
- Ushering at shows and events
If you are interested, please leave your details below, or at the reception desk or in the student centre.
We will add your name to our volunteering mailing list and will let you know when opportunities come up.