Adobe Premiere Pro to After Effects
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: VG179
Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
What is the course about?
On this practical course you will learn how to create some exciting animated SFX and see it automatically applied to your Premiere project. Many film makers are aware that After Effects is the application of choice for creating exciting animated SFX and titles. What they’re less aware of is that After Effects compositions can live in a Premiere Pro sequence. Changes made in After Effects are immediately reflected in Premiere Pro using a Dynamic Link giving you a render-free editing and graphics workflow.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Sending clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects using Adobe Dynamic link
- Understanding the After Effects Interface
- Compositions and Projects in After Effects
- Applying transformations in After Effects
- Using Effects and Presets
- Using masks and alpha channels
- Saving and Rendering your Premiere Pro project.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Send clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects using Adobe Dynamic link
- Understand the After Effects Interface and difference between projects and compositions.
- Animate 2D and 3D transformations to clips and images
- Creating animated masks and using alpha channels
- Use the Effects and Presets tab to select effects
- Creating and Animating a range of SFX.
- Rendering work and using the media encoder.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You are expected to have intermediate/advanced experience of editing with Premiere Pro CC and know how to work with keyframes in Premiere to add and animate transformations and effects. You are not expected to have experience in After Effects but must be confident with applications and prepared to work at a fast pace.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Teaching is through demonstrations, hands-on exercises, and group and individual advice and guidance. You are expected to practice the techniques taught outside the class. Please note the City Lit uses Apple Mac computers in Digital arts, Graphics & Illustration and Photography.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can further develop your skills and interest in Digital film making through a range of courses at the City Lit in film making, editing with Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Da Vinci Resolve and iMovie, After Effects and digital and traditional animation.