Animation with Adobe After Effects: stage 1
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: VK345
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
On this practical course you will learn a range of techniques and processes in After Effects to produce professional animations and motion graphic sequences. You will learn a range of tools and processes including 2D and 3D transformations, masking, compositing and creating and animating cameras and lights.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Preparing images in Photoshop and importing them into projects in AEFX
- Animating transformations to moving and still images
- Applying a range of effects to moving and still images
- Working with 2D and 3D layers
- Applying animated virtual lights and cameras to compositions
- Creating and animating text using paths and range selectors
- Rendering projects as movies.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- prepare still images for use in After Effects
- import moving and still image files
- create keyframes
- animate transformations
- animate filters and effects
- create and animate text
- create and animate masks
- animate transformations in 3D
- create and animate lights
- create and animate cameras
- render projects as movies.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course; you do not need any experience in using After Effects but you will need some basic experience of using a computer.
You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions, demonstrations, hand-outs and health and safety information, and will be invited to take part in group discussion. You should be happy using numbers and be able to do simple measurements and calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Through demonstrations, practical exercises and projects, individual guidance and notes. Practice outside the class is encouraged as it will help improve your progress.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. Notes will be provided.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit offer a range of courses in 2D and 3D Animation, Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects, Character animation, editing, sound, illustration, cartooning, storyboarding and adobe Photoshop to enhance your animation practice.