Arabic 1: revision course
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LBA03
Duration: 4 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
To enable students to converse in basic everyday situations in Arabic and to consolidate their knowledge of the written form of the language.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
The course will revise Year 1 Arabic speaking, listening, reading and writing skills focusing on sentence structures, verbal and non-verbal sentences, past and present verbs, describing people and places, shopping, using numbers and colours, eating and drinking.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Talk about yourself and others
• Write and compare about past and present events
• Describe people and places
• Use of numbers in different situations
• Role play a shopping trip
• Give and ask for directions
• Role play a restaurant scenario
• Use the future
• Read basic sentences and write in Arabic.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For students who have studied Arabic before at beginners' level modules 1, 2 or 3 and who wish to revise and refresh their Arabic before the next level begins in September.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The communicative method will be used. Students can expect to be using audio, visual and interactive resources. Students will be expected to participate in role play scenarios, pair work and group work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the the tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Arabic 2 lower module 1 in September. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed.