Arabic 2 : revision course
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LBA02
Duration: 4 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
To enable students to converse in everyday situations in Arabic and to consolidate their knowledge of the written form of the language.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
The course will revise Year 2 Arabic (2 lower & 2 upper) speaking, listening, reading and writing skills focusing on sentence structures, verbal and non-verbal sentences, describing and comparing people, places, objects and situations, ordering food in a restaurant, talking about the past and present, discussing everyday routines, sport and leisure, travelling, work and ambitions and understanding Arabic everyday life and culture.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Ask for information and speak about professional life, daily life, comparing past and present events
- Talk about/express feelings, opinions and emotions
- Talk about present and past events
- Participate in straightforward social conversations
- Understand Arabic everyday life and culture.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
For students who have studied Arabic before at 2 lower levels modules 1,2 & 3 and who wish to revise and refresh
their Arabic before the next level begins or 2 upper modules 1 & 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The communicative method will be used. Students can expect to be using audio, visual and interactive resources. Students will be expected to participate in role play scenarios, pair work and group work.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on the tutor's own materials.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Arabic 2 upper: module 1 in September.