Chinese 2 revision
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LBC05
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will help you revise your lower intermediate level of Chinese, both spoken and written.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
A revision of date and time, daily activities, sports and hobbies, travel in China, transport, directions, health, television and radio programmes. Consolidation of character writing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Tell the date and the time
- Talk about daily activities
- Plan a trip in China
- Book a room in a hotel
- Give and ask for directions
- Talk about a visit to the museum
- Report an illness
- Talk about likes and dislikes- hobbies,sports, TV, radio programmes.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have completed Chinese 2 lower: module 3 or have studied Chinese for about 2 years or equivalent.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Communicative teaching: emphasis on speaking/listening and repetition. Questions and answers. Individual, pair and group work, role play. Some homework expected.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Materials used in class are provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Chinese 2 upper: module 1 in September. Please enrol as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.