Chinese 3 upper: module 2
Time: 14:30 - 16:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: LC321
Duration: 12 sessions (over 12 weeks)
What is the course about?
The course aims to build on the language and skills that you have acquired in the previous four years or more and to extend your range of vocabulary and communicative competence. It also aims to consolidate your reading and writing of Chinese characters.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Topics will include: housing, buying a car and environmental problems, with a revision of grammar points, character writing and pronunciation. The course will focus on the transfer of the language from 'Pinyin' to Chinese characters and character writing.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Talk about housing issues
- Talk about buying a car in China
- Talk about environmental problems
- Recognise 60 new characters and new words
-Use a wide range of sentence patterns in both spoken and written forms.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable if you have completed level 3 lower or have an equivalent intermediate level of Chinese. A
working knowledge of 500-600 characters would be an advantage.
You will also need to be able to respond to simple instructions and read course documents in English and be at ease with the use of numbers for daily activities. It would also be useful if you had some knowledge of intermediate grammar terminology.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please discuss with your tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Chinese 3 upper: module 3.