City Lit Pro: search engine marketing
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: CSEM01
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
This structured course will take you through planning and management of PPC and SEO campaigns. It includes the latest techniques for evaluating and enhancing your current SEO efforts. How to use current tools and innovative methods to increment effectively your reach using PPC.
This hand-on course will take you through setting goals, budgeting, keyword research, planning and measurement across PPC and SEO. It will lead to a better understanding and confidence in dealing with both internal teams and external agencies.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• How search engines work
• How to optimise your website design to be search engine friendly
• How to use the right keywords
• The basics of search engine copywriting
• Technical on-page SEO elements
• Link profiles and off-page factors
• Local SEO
• The Basics of Pay Per Click Advertising
• Best practices for AdWords account set up
• AdWords metrics explained
• Optimise a Google Ads account
• Relate your Pay Per Click to your marketing, sales and business goals
• Choose Keywords and set up the optimal budget
• The Bidding Strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Recognise how Search Engines work and how customers can be guided to your website through optimisation
• Assess your current SEO PPC state and locate the keywords and phrases driving traffic
• Learn methods to run effective pay-per-click campaigns through keyword and competitor analysis
• Complete an SEO competitive analysis on your website and competitors
• Develop a solid approach for achieving high ROI and sales volume using SEO and PPC
• Create reports of your findings and recommendations for SEO and PPC to present to your management or clients
• Develop a strong and effective search marketing strategy that will have an immediate impact on your business and campaigns.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have basic computing skills and experience of using a web browser on a PC or a Mac.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, Google AdWords: introduction, Google Analytics: introduction.
Sal has been working in digital marketing since its early days in 2000. He has an extensive background in digital marketing, managing complex projects from start-up to creation to international digital strategies for multinational companies. Sal is passionate about improving company ROI using digital channels. In 2014, he was part of the leadership team that executed a £55M exit strategy, the UK’s biggest digital sale that year. He has a track record of double-digit growth across diverse sectors including B2B, B2C, finance, retail, travel, and consulting. Salvatore received an MBA with distinction from the University of Plymouth, and he won multiple digital marketing awards for various marketing campaigns he has conducted. He has spoken at numerous marketing conferences across Europe where he presents on web measurement, digital marketing, content optimization, and how these can all interlink to create a successful online business strategy. Sal has previously taught for the CIM as well as lecturing at University of Plymouth and Cambridge University. He currently also teaches at University of Eastern Piedmont.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.