Communication skills: working with people (ESOL entry 3 to level 1)
Time: 09:55 - 12:25
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Check your level
Course Code: ESP01
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course will help you with the English you need to interact with people at work mainly when speaking and listening but also when emailing and texting. You will practise the type of language you need when talking to customers face-to-face, by phone and on chat. You will focus on how to advise people, give them information, make recommendations, and persuade them to buy things. You will work on your listening skills so you can listen, talk and take messages at the same time. You will develop your informal language so you can chat to work colleagues. You will also learn how to write polite formal emails and informal text messages.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• talking to customers face-to-face, by phone and on chat.
• advising people verbally and in writing
•giving information verbally and in writing
•making recommendations verbally and in writing
•persuading people to buy things
•listening , talking and taking messages at the same time.
•making small talk with work colleagues
•writing polite formal emails
•writing informal text messages.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• talk confidently and engagingly to customers face-to-face, by phone and on chat.
• advise people when speaking and in writing with good pronunciation and accurate language
•give information in different situations with good pronunciation and accurate language
•make recommendations when speaking and in writing with good pronunciation and accurate writing
•persuade people to buy things using good pronunciation and accurate language
•listen, talk and take messages at the same time on the phone
•make small talk with work colleagues
•write polite formal emails to managers
•write informal text messages to managers.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is for students at Entry 3-Level 1 (B1-B2). It is particularly helpful to students who are working with people or who would like to. You need to do a pre-course assessment.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment. The tutor will help you discover rules and features of English. You will work on your own and with other students on different tasks and role play so you are always practising important in-demand life and work skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, prioritising, negotiating, collaborating and independence. You will learn in a step by step manner so you can complete tasks in enjoyable and relaxing ways. Your tutor will also work with you individually so you know how to improve and how to work in a way that improves your learning. You will need to do work outside the classroom and use Google Classroom to help you.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a pen, some lined A4 paper and a file to keep your work in. Your tutor will provide handouts and a code for Google classroom so you can communicate with classmates and access materials, videos etc. online.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are lots of courses you can do at the same time or after this course. These include:
• Grammar in practice: intermediate (entry 3 -level 1)
• ESOL Entry 3 or Level 1
• ESOL: Improve your Fluency (entry 3-level 1)
• ESOL: develop your English skills to find a better job (entry 3-level 1)
• Office skills for ESOL students (entry 3-level 1)
• ESOL: How to think in English (E3-L1)
• ESOL communicating at work: customer care (entry 3-level 1)
• Workplace skills for ESOL learners: communicating in the online and face to face office (level 1 )
• ESOL and singing: sing your way to better English (entry 3- level 2)
Ask your tutor for more information or contact universal.skills@citylit,ac.uk / 020 7492 2511.