Connecting to purpose with NLP
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
Abraham Maslow described as ‘self-actualisation’ or becoming who we were meant to be. Is your heart singing the song it was meant to sing? This course focuses on understanding your values and what motivates you and asks how do I align what I am doing with my desires?
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PG805
Duration: 2 sessions (over 2 weeks)
What is the course about?
An enjoyable course which encourages participants to reflect on what makes them happy in life, and how through purposeful planning and action they can bring more of the outcomes they truly want into their lives.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Bringing joy, more of what we want, into our lives
• The principles for successfully achieving what you want
• Trying on some helpful beliefs – the NLP presuppositions
• Identifying your Values and reflecting back how they might affect your outcomes?
• Anchoring positive states – things you can do to feel good now!
• Aligning new beliefs and integrating the Logical levels of change.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Reflect on your unique personality, and have more awareness about what stops you, and what might help you move towards achieving your aims.
• Have practiced a process for aligning beliefs and values
• Know how to anchor a positive state as a resource for feeling confident
• Try on NLP presuppositions as communication resources when seeking clarity and awareness about what is happening in situations.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is suitable for anybody who is interested in the applications of NLP to help create a purposeful and meaningful life. Open-mindedness and curiosity are certainly an asset. To benefit fully from this course, you need to have a reasonable level of spoken English. If you are unsure please contact an advisor or the tutor.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The sessions will include theory input, demonstrations, discussions, practice in small groups and pairs, as well as experiential assignments between classes to integrate and test your learning. Handouts will be given.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
How to identify thinking styles (using NLP) PS717
NLP a Foundation course PG630
NLP & manifesting abundance PG645
Change your Behaviour using NLP PG602
What motivates you? An NLP approach PG706
NLP at Work PG670
NLP and confidence building PG757.
Managing internal Stress – Introduction to REBT PG806.
I discovered NLP in the 1980's, as a freelance journalist specialising in writing work-based features for the London Evening Standard, ‘Just the Job’ section on employment, motivational training, business and sales. I trained as an NLP Master Practitioner, first in Education then in Business and ran motivational NLP trainings in workplaces such as NHS and charities, and offered individual NLP coaching to business people At City Lit each NLP course I teach is slanted towards different aspects of NLP i.e. ‘’Building Rapport Skills’. ‘Self-Motivation’. ‘Understanding Thinking Styles’. I have integrated NLP and psychotherapy to run courses on ‘Managing Internal Stress – Introduction to CBT/REBT (Rational emotive Behavioural Therapy’ an action-based psychotherapy and ‘Logosynthesis’ to help lessen the impact of unwanted traumatic thoughts and images. I have written five NLP based books, including ‘Motivate Yourself and Reach Your Goals’ in the Hodder Education, ‘Teach Yourself’ series. To read my NLP articles go to www.francescoombes.com
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.