Counselling as a career
Time: 10:30 - 13:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: PC420
Duration: 1 session
What is the course about?
This workshop will clarify progression routes in training and job opportunities in the field of counselling.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- What counsellors do
- Training routes
- Job opportunities.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- An understanding of the settings in which counsellors work and of opportunities in the field
- An understanding of what sound professional training entails
- A clearer basis on which to make your decision about your next step.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory session for anyone with an interest in the field of counselling.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Tutor input, experiential exercises, discussion, questions and answers.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?