What is the course about?
This course provides an opportunity to develop your character building skills. Gain the freedom and confidence to approach a range of characters in a fun and supportive atmosphere.
What will we cover?
• Group exercises that may draw on various methodologies /practitioners
• Character work and development
• Text analysis
• Scene rehearsal and performance.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Effectively explore and analyse text for clues to building character
• Play character with greater depth
• Challenge yourself as an actor
• Demonstrate greater rigour in performance.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
In order to get the most from the course you will be able to:
• Listen and respond to instructions and feedback.
• Communicate clearly in discussion and drama practice.
• Read and respond to a variety of text.
• Give and receive constructive feedback.
• Take notes.
• Work within groups and pairs safely.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
• In pairs and groups. Whole group. Small groups. Individually.
As part of the course content, your tutor may record your image for initial and ongoing assessment purposes. You are entitled to decline to participate in the recording of your image.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a folder and notebook. Comfortable clothing should be worn. You maybe required to secure scripts.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can continue studying at the same time each week on Acting Improvers: scene work, DRM017 and DRM018 or enrol onto any improvers level course.