Adobe Premier Pro and digital editing stage 2
Time: 10:00 - 17:00
Location: Keeley Street
Course Code: VG530
Available start dates
Duration: 3 sessions (over 3 weeks)
What is the course about?
This course aims to both speed up your editing and deepen your understanding of narrative construction. It’s a mixture of practical exercises underpinned by concepts of editing and visual literacy.
You will learn to properly use advanced tools enabling you to fine-tune your rough cut and enhance your story.
What will we cover?
1. Data-management is at the core of getting to grips with your material.
2. Moving from a rough cut to a fine tune
3. Learn to change the appearance of a clip in post-production using Motion properties
4. Use transitions and effects
5. Animate a change over time
6. What is Screen direction and why is it so important?
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
1. Name and sort clips
2. Use the ripple tool to help create a smoother edit
3. Change the size of a clip
4. Place a transition and other effects
5. Animate a change over time
6. Identify a direction on the screen.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is designed for people with some experience in Premiere (and or DVResolve) who want to improve their editing skills and knowledge. Basic Computer skills and some knowledge of Premiere is essential.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Learners will be expected to join and participate in activities during the class on zoom, using the software on their own computers with clips provided by the tutor. Hand-outs and other material may be posted on the shared Google Classroom. Full details of this will be provided on enrolment and a reminder email sent out 3 days before the course starts. The more time you can spend practicing editing outside of the session the more you will benefit from what is taught in class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
• You will receive an email at least 2.5hrs before your session starts with details of the live session link. Please be aware you will need to check your email address associated with your account within this window.
• We use Google Classroom E-learning platform which will store all tasks/notes/resources/ demo videos You will need to login into our Google classroom before each sessions starts.
• You will need a computer or laptop. Ideally with a fully updated google Chrome browser.
• You will need to right version of the software. The City lit can provide a temporary copy for you during the course, but you need to make sure your computer is capable of running the software/is compatible with it.
• Using headphones with microphones will block out all room noise in sessions.
• You will require a good broadband connection.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are several progression routes for you to further specialist editing and post-production courses on offer.
Have a look at our vast offer on the links above. Alternatively feel free to contact the department on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options with our friendly subject specialists.
Lily is a freelance film editor and consultant. Her main work over the past 10 years has been in helping people turn their dreams and visions into interesting films and successful artworks. She specialises in film editing, but also consults on all other aspects of film making and fine art. “To me, helping people find the stories the really want to tell and turn them into enjoyable and interesting films is uniquely rewarding and deeply fulfilling. I am particularly interested in enabling people’s own capacity, teaching them both practical skills (e.g. use of software and technical aspects of filmmaking) alongside conceptual underpinnings and critical engagement (version of visual literacy).” She has been teaching film and video related subjects ever since her own postgraduate student days. She is also an award-winning and internationally exhibited/collected artist.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.