Adobe Premiere Pro to After Effects
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: VG177
Duration: 6 sessions (over 6 weeks)
What is the course about?
On this practical course you will learn how to create some exciting animated SFX and see it automatically applied to your Premiere project. Many film makers are aware that After Effects is the application of choice for creating exciting animated SFX and titles. What they’re less aware of is that After Effects compositions can live in a Premiere Pro sequence. Changes made in After Effects are immediately reflected in Premiere Pro using a Dynamic Link giving you a render-free editing and graphics workflow.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Sending clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects using Adobe Dynamic link
- Understanding the After Effects Interface
- Compositions and Projects in After Effects
- Applying transformations in After Effects
- Using Effects and Presets
- Using masks and alpha channels
- Saving and Rendering your Premiere Pro project.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Send clips from Premiere Pro to After Effects using Adobe Dynamic link
- Understand the After Effects Interface and difference between projects and compositions.
- Animate 2D and 3D transformations to clips and images
- Creating animated masks and using alpha channels
- Use the Effects and Presets tab to select effects
- Creating and Animating a range of SFX.
- Rendering work and using the media encoder.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You are expected to have intermediate/advanced experience of editing with Premiere Pro CC and know how to work with keyframes in Premiere to add and animate transformations and effects. You are not expected to have experience in After Effects but must be confident with applications and prepared to work at a fast pace.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using Zoom for the live sessions with your tutor. You will receive an email 2.5hrs before your session starts with details of the live session link. Please be aware you will need to check your email address associated with your account within this window.
We use Google Classroom E-learning platform which will store all tasks, notes and resources. You will be sent an email with the necessary information and will need to login into your Google classroom before each sessions starts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need an updated version of the software Premiere Pro CC and After Effects CC uploaded and functioning on your computer.
You will need a computer or laptop. Ideally with a fully updated google Chrome browser.
Using headphones with microphones will block out all room noise in sessions.
If you are using a tablet or mobile device you will need a microphone, and optionally a camera.
You will require a good broadband connection as mobile data 3G/4G or a mobile dongle will not provide sufficient Bandwidth for live sessions.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can further develop your skills and interest in Digital film making through a range of courses at the City Lit in film making, editing with Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Da Vinci Resolve and iMovie, After Effects and digital and traditional animation.