What is the course about?
On this course you will learn how to use the most essential features of PowerPoint 2016 so you can create an attractive and effective presentation. You will learn how to make it interesting to the audience and visually appealing – for example by changing the font type, size and colour, using different styles or slide backgrounds. You will learn about different design templates, how insert and edit images, how to make words and images appear and disappear. You will also learn how to add presenter notes and print out slides and handouts.
What will we cover?
• The key features of creating an effective PowerPoint presentation so it is both engaging to the audience and is well-designed
• Enhancing the appearance of presentations using font size, colour, style or slide background, line spacing, bullets and numbering and shadow effect
• Working in different views such as normal view, slide sorter and slide show
• Adding, deleting, copying, moving and re-ordering slides
• Applying design templates
• Applying visual effects such as animation and transition effects so texts and images appear and disappear
• Inserting and editing images
• Adding presenter notes
• Printing slides, handouts and notes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify features that make a presentation effective and attractive
• Create a well-designed slide show using text and graphics
• Use formatting features to enhance the appearance of a slideshow.
• Apply animation and slide transitions
• Apply preset slide design
• Add, delete, copy and re-ordering slides
• Add presenter notes
• Print presentations in different formats.
• Produce and edit various objects in a presentation.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Although this is a beginner's course to PowerPoint, you should be able to use the keyboard and mouse and have word processing experience. You should be able to follow spoken instructions, read written instructions and information, and discuss work with your tutor.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This will be a practical hands-on course. Each student has their own computer and you will be encouraged to practice as much as possible. An interactive whiteboard will help make demonstrations easy to understand. It will be a relaxed learning environment and step by step learning will help you become more skilled. You will have lots of opportunities to ask questions and address areas you need help in.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs attached to this course. You will need to bring your own pens to make your notes and a USB flash drive is advisable.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do after this course or at the same time.Creating and delivering the perfect presentation with PowerPoint 2016 (intermediate) is a direct follow-on course. However, we run a range of courses in using Microsoft Office 2016 for the workplace or study, including:
• An Introduction to Word 2016
• Word 2016 for the workplace (intermediate)
• Excel 2016: essentials
• Introduction to Excel 2016
• ECDL Level 1 (with a qualification - assessment needed)
• IT Skills for the Office: an introduction
• How to be an Administrator: the essentials
• Office 365: an introduction.