What is the course about?
Exploring balance and harmony through the Chinese five element system.
You will find out how this ancient system can help you view your health, your behaviour and your relationships in a different light.
Learn a daily routine of stretches linked to the five elements.
What will we cover?
• Yin and yang
• Five element personality
• How to relate this system to daily life.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Understand the basis of Yin and Yang
• Discover the unique personality of each of the five elements
• Find out how to support each of the elements in your daily life
• Discover what your strengths are in terms of the five elements.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Beginners or anyone interested eg: bodyworkers, people who do Tai chi. Chi Kung etc.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Discussion, lecture, demonstration and group practise of 5 stretches.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs. You may want to bring along a pen and paper to take notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Any other wellbeing courses at City Lit.