Animation with Adobe After Effects: stage 1
Time: 18:00 - 21:00
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Course Code: VK338
Please choose a course date
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
What is the course about?
If you’re a designer who would like to see your designs in motion then this is the course for you. On this practical course you will learn how to create engaging motion graphics. You will learn how to use the basic tools and processes of the professional motion graphics software Adobe After Effects cc to creatively combine and animate text, graphics and video.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- The uses of motion design in info graphics, advertising and titles
- Creating projects and compositions in After Effects CC
- importing images and footage
- Applying and animating transformations of images in 2D and 3D
- Animating text
- Creating and animating masks on footage
- Applying effects to footage, text and graphics
- exporting your project as a movie using the appropriate format and codec.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- an awareness of current successful motion graphics
- understand how to set format and pixel dimensions of compositions
- importing images and footage
- apply and animate transformations of images
- create, set and animate text
- create and animate masks
- apply effects to layers
- render your project using the appropriate format and codec.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a beginners’ course. You are expected to have basic computer skills and should be able to navigate, open and save files, and be comfortable using a mouse and keyboard.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will receive an email at least 2.5hrs before your session starts with details of the live session link. Please be
aware you will need to check your email address associated with your account within this window.
We use Google Classroom E-learning platform which will store all tasks/notes/resources/ demo videos You will
need to login into our Google classroom before each sessions starts.
You will need a computer or laptop. Ideally with a fully updated google Chrome browser.
You will need to have the latest version of Adobe After Effects installed and functioning on your computer.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your skills further in VK109 Advanced Adobe After Effects or VK108 Advanced animation and professional development. City Lit offer a range of courses in 2D and 3D Animation, Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects, Character animation, editing, sound, illustration, cartooning, storyboarding and adobe Photoshop to enhance your animation practice.