Animation with Adobe Animate CC: stage 1
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
This course is FREE if a) you live in London and your job is at risk of redundancy or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit) and your monthly take home pay is less than £343. For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
What is the course about?
Adobe Animate CC is widely used by professional animators and combines traditional methods of drawn and cut-out animation with the added benefit of a digital work-flow. Learn how to create exciting traditional and experimental animations using this professional and accessible software.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- Professional contemporary examples of animations using Adobe Animate
- Digital hand drawing using the Animate drawing tools and a Wacom tablet
- Importing images and movie clips into Animate
- Creating keyframes
- Creating Symbols
- Different forms of tweening
- Importing and using sound files
- Syncing sound and image
- Exporting work as animated movies.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Use the drawing tools in Adobe Animate
- Create drawn animations using keyframes
- Create animations using shape tweening to morph between shapes
- Create animations using motion tweening to animate transformations
- Create animated symbols for use in a scene
- Import video and images into Animate for reference and Rotoscoping
- Import sound and synch sound to animation in Animate
- Export animated sequences.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introductory course. You do not need to have any experience in animation or in the application Animate. You do need to have some basic experience of using a computer, such as navigating through folders, opening and saving files.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation, class discussion, handouts, instructional videos, and practical exercises.
To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
-A graphics tablet is highly recommended, Huion & Wacom are the main brands that offer good cheap tablets.
- You will be taught using Zoom or Google Meet for the live sessions with your tutor and Google Classroom
- You will need to login into our Google classroom before our session starts.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will receive an email at least 2.5hrs before your session starts with details of the live session link. Please be aware you will need to check your email address associated with your account within this window.
We use Google Classroom E-learning platform which will store all tasks/notes/resources/ demo videos You will need to login into our Google classroom before each sessions starts.
You will need a computer or laptop. Ideally with a fully updated google Chrome browser.
You will need the right version of the Abode software.
If you do not have the software, City Lit can provide a temporary license that will last for the duration of this course.
If you require more information please contact us on VisualArts@citylit.ac.uk.
Please visit this link to check the software and hardware requirements for downloading the Adobe software:
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit offer a range of courses in 2D and 3D Animation, Adobe Animate, Adobe After Effects, Character animation, editing, sound, illustration, cartooning, storyboarding and adobe Photoshop to enhance your animation practice.
Ben has been animating professionally for over 15 years and has worked on music videos, adverts, tv shows and short films that have been shown around the world. He has worked in different roles in large and small studios and independently. He specialises in character-based 3D CGI and 2D digital animation, and has a background in shooting Stop-Motion and 2D work on film. He is a practising animator and divides his time between teaching and commercial work. “Animation is a subject I have been passionate about for as long as I can remember. I still get excited about the magic of bringing something imagined to life through a drawing or 3D puppet. I enjoy the combination of the creative and technical, and all the problem-solving required throughout the process. It is hugely rewarding teaching at Citylit and helping give people the confidence to create their own animated work.”
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.