Items 1-15 of 25
- Illustrative embroidery for textilesFull fee £219.00 Senior fee £175.00 Concession £134.00
- Textiles: monoprinting and hand stitchCourse start date: Mon 1 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Amarjeet NandhraExperiment with a range of mono printing techniques; painted, wiped and drawn, onto fabric. You will use these techniques with appliqué, manipulation and hand stitch to layer and build exciting dimensional surfaces, exploring pattern and texture.
- Intensive throwing week: beginners and refreshersCourse start date: Mon 1 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Amelia BrokenbrowLearn how to throw mugs, bowls and lidded jars. Intermediate students can use this course to refresh their skills on the wheel. Tutor:.
- Introduction to pewter castingCourse start date: Mon 1 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Robert WorleyDiscover the art of pewter casting using the ancient ‘lost wax method’ in this five-day course.Full fee £399.00 Senior fee £319.00 Concession £243.00
- Drawing and painting from the imaginationCourse start date: Mon 1 Aug 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Online (other locations are available)Tutors: Clare Barton-HarveyExplore the role of the imagination in painting and drawing. Develop a toolkit of methods for stimulating, sustaining and enriching your imaginative engagement through a series of guided practical painting and drawing exercises.
The aim of the course is to investigate the role of the imagination in drawing and painting and to explore new ways of seeing and experiencing the world around us.
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.Full fee £159.00 Senior fee £127.00 Concession £97.00
- Children's book illustration for beginners: IntensiveCourse start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Kate RolfeEnjoy exploring the world of children's book illustration on this intensive practical course. Learn techniques in developing ideas and creating exciting images in the context of the current children's book market. Please note, there will be some offsite drawing which will involve walking, standing and/or sitting for long periods. Please bring footwear for comfortable walking and you may wish to bring a portable sketchbook stool.Full fee £379.00 Senior fee £303.00 Concession £231.00
- City Lit Pro: Adobe Creative Cloud intensive stage 1Course start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022 (and 4 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley Street (other locations are available)Tutors: Gita HahnCity Lit Pro courses are tailored for accelerated learning for busy people who need to learn key skills for the workplace. On this Adobe Creative Cloud course, covering Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, you will learn key tools and techniques to develop, deliver and optimise vector graphics, photographic images and page layout and design.
- Large-scale drawing and painting projectsCourse start date: Fri 10 Jun 2022 (and 3 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Diane MartinEnjoy a lively, more active way of art-making and make work on a grander scale. Complete a number of projects that explore how big can be beautiful, challenging and surprising.Full fee £379.00 Senior fee £303.00 Concession £231.00
- Print, design and bind: a book in a weekCourse start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Anne-Marie Foster, Penny StanfordCome and enjoy a week in the print and book studios and leave with an artist’s book. This course will encourage you to experiment with printmaking techniques and bookbinding structures and help you to develop your initial ideas into a finished work. Some printmaking and/or bookbinding experience may be beneficial but not essential.
- Illustrated stitch: a masterclass with Rosie James
- Introduction to propmaking for film, TV, theatre and display: part 1Course start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Ro SylvesterLearn a range of sculptural techniques that are used in the ever expanding film, TV and theatre prop making industry. Explore a range of sculpting and casting methods and fabricating techniques, and experiment with materials.Full fee £349.00 Senior fee £279.00 Concession £213.00
- Introduction to ceramicsCourse start date: Mon 8 Aug 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Alex SimpsonGain a basic understanding of hand-building,coiling, slabbing and decoration techniques. Explore your creative ideas whilst learning the exciting possibilities of working with clay. Enjoy a taster experience of throwing on the wheel in the final session.
- DSLR for video: shoot and editCourse start date: Wed 10 Aug 2022 (and 1 other date)
Location on this date: Photography StudioTutors: David KlineThink quality video production needs a whole film crew? Think again! Discover how you can easily shoot and edit professional-level video on your own digital SLR camera; get expert guidance on the whole process and find out why DSLRs have become the camera of choice for many broadcast professionals.Full fee £199.00 Senior fee £159.00 Concession £121.00
- Drawing 1Course start date: Thu 5 May 2022 (and 8 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetTutors: Brian SayersExplore the creative possibilities of drawing, gain confidence and broaden your expectations and understanding. Learn and develop key drawing concepts: function of line, tone, texture, form, composition and mark making through a carefully structured approach.
- Drawing from plants and flowersCourse start date: Mon 27 Jun 2022 (and 2 other dates)
Location on this date: Keeley StreetExplore a variety of artists’ approaches for painting flowers from observation. Discover the rich history of this genre while getting inspiration from contemporary artists who use flowers as their starting point in painting.
Can't see a course you want?
Add this category to your waiting list to set up alerts and we will update you when new courses are released online.Add me to waiting list