What is the course about?
Yoga breathing practices to expand and enhance the breath at a time when we most need it. Experience how better breathing can reduce stress and anxiety, clear and calm the mind and revitalise the energy for the week ahead.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• The benefits of pranayama - yogic breathing practices
• Synchronising the breath with movement
• Preparing for a comfortable breathing practice
• Seated yogic breathing practices.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Describe the benefits of better breathing
• Name and describe at least 3 breathing practices
• Identify 3 breathing practices that feel specifically right for you to practice regularly at home.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
All levels are welcome. You do not need to have previous experience of yoga to join this course. You will need to be able to follow verbal instructions, observe and copy physical movements and use spatial awareness.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
• Explanations, demonstrations and guidance
• Individual practice
• Hand outs.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Chose from a wide range of other courses in our Health and Wellbeing programme.