What is the course about?
This course aims to encourage you to speak Catalan more freely. It will develop your listening skills, reinforce your confidence and increase your knowledge of French through a variety of contexts ranging from personal to social.
What will we cover?
- Reported speech
- Modal verbs to express the news
- Indicative verb tenses (imperfect, passat perifràstic, plusquamperfet).
- The house (types, parts of the house and adjectives)
- Subjunctive to express a wish.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Explain the plot of a film and a novel
- Be able to read the news
- Tell a story using a variety of verb tenses.
- Express where would you like to live
- Describe your house and the house of your dreams.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for learners who have completed Catalan 3: Module 2, or have studied Catalan for approximately two years. Please contact the Languages department on 020 7492 2644 or email email@example.com.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Your tutor will let you know if there are any materials to buy.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Speak to your tutor about possible progression routes.