What is the course about?
Short introduction to the Polish language and culture.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Polish traditions past and present over the Christmas/New Year period.
Basic greetings and introduction in Polish.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- tell your name and greet people
- have some insight into how Christmas is celebrated in Poland.
- wish someone a Happy Christmas in Polish, and have some other festive vocab.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The session will be interactive as well as informative. You will be encouraged to actively participate to pairs and group activities, to repeat words and sentences in welsh and engage in a variety of discovery activities.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Based on tutor's own material.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Polish beginners module 1 in January.