What is the course about?
Learning to give Reiki healing to yourself and others to Reiki 1st degree standard.
Receive attunements to enable you to channel Reiki and guidance on applications of Reiki 1.
What will we cover?
- History and principles of Reiki and various applications of Reiki in daily life
- How to give treatments on yourself and how to treat others on a chair or couch
- The holistic approach to treating people demonstrating client care and professionalism
- Attunements to Reiki - incorporating reflection on personal development.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Describe the history and principles of Reiki
- Carry out Reiki treatments on yourself
- Carry out Reiki treatments on others on a chair or a couch
- Explain the holistic approach to treatment demonstrating client care and professionalism
- Receive attunement for Reiki Energy to 1st degree.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is suitable for all; no prior experience is necessary. The Reiki 1 Certificate will allow you recognition as a Reiki 1st Degree Practitioner, and is for professional therapists and lay-people alike.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught via presentation and demonstrations from the tutor, question and answer, pair work, group
discussion and practical tasks. You will also take part in a group attunement - a simple ceremony - to enable you to act as a channel for Reiki healing.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
The manual is included in the cost of the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
This course allows progression to the Certificate in Reiki Healing - Stage Two. It is suggested that students allow
some time between Stage 1 and Stage 2, so as to integrate the energies and become more familiar with the client
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details