What is the course about?
This course will teach you the Shibashi 18 movements. It is a set of chi kung exercises which is based on the philosophy of Tai Chi and extracts some of the best movements from the Yang style T’ai Chi Chuan. It places emphasis on synchronizing movement and breath. The many benefits of this sequence of movements include the enhancement of general health and wellbeing.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
You will learn the basic stance in Chi Kung, along with some warm up exercises before moving onto the Shibashi 18 movements and finishing with a seated meditation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Practise the basic chi kung stance
• Perform some warm up exercises
• Demonstrate the Shibashi 18 movements
• Practise sitting meditation.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Some experience recommended although the course is suitable for all levels. No specific skills are required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The tutor will demonstrate all moves; the group will work along with the tutor.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
It is advisable to wear loose comfortable clothing and soft flat shoes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can enrol in the course Chi Kung for all levels.