What is the course about?
This course provides a solid foundation in Photoshop, covering the main features and developing best practice in a professional context. You will learn to input, create, manipulate and enhance images and photographs for use in print and on the Web.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Photoshop workspace and preferences
• Cropping and straightening images
• Selecting and isolating areas of an image effectively
• Refining selections and masking
• Compose images using Layers
• Scaling, rotating and transforming areas of an image
• Applying tonal and colour adjustments
• Colouring in Photoshop
• Adding and modifying text
• Simple type techniques
• Retouching techniques
• Using smart filters and effects
• File formats
• Saving, and exporting image.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Improve image colours and tonal adjustments
• Create compositions by blending images together
• Add text and modify type settings in your designs
• Remove red eyes, blemishes, scratches and moving and erasing objects using retouching techniques
• Transforming images or selected areas of an image with powerful filters
• Blurring and sharpening areas of an Image
• Output artwork for print and web.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
No prior knowledge of Photoshop is required but you should have a good understanding of how to open copy and save files in a computer. You should be able to follow simple written and verbal instructions. You should be able to use numbers and be able to do simple measurements and calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught by presentations, demonstrations, discussions and exercises. One-to-one guidance and support will be given throughout. Notes will be provided.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need to have access to Adobe Photoshop. If you do not have the software City Lit can provide a temporary license that will last for the duration of this course. If you require more information please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please check the software and hardware requirements for downloading the Adobe software. Please visit this link to check the software and hardware requirements for downloading the Adobe software: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can develop your skills further with Adobe Photoshop: stage 2.