What is the course about?
This structured course will take you through planning and management of PPC and SEO campaigns. It includes the latest techniques for evaluating and enhancing your current SEO efforts. How to use current tools and innovative methods to increment effectively your reach using PPC.
This hand-on course will take you through setting goals, budgeting, keyword research, planning and measurement across PPC and SEO. It will lead to a better understanding and confidence in dealing with both internal teams and external agencies.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• How search engines work
• How to optimise your website design to be search engine friendly
• How to use the right keywords
• The basics of search engine copywriting
• Technical on-page SEO elements
• Link profiles and off-page factors
• Local SEO
• The Basics of Pay Per Click Advertising
• Best practices for AdWords account set up
• AdWords metrics explained
• Optimise a Google Ads account
• Relate your Pay Per Click to your marketing, sales and business goals
• Choose Keywords and set up the optimal budget
• The Bidding Strategy.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Recognise how Search Engines work and how customers can be guided to your website through optimisation
• Assess your current SEO PPC state and locate the keywords and phrases driving traffic
• Learn methods to run effective pay-per-click campaigns through keyword and competitor analysis
• Complete an SEO competitive analysis on your website and competitors
• Develop a solid approach for achieving high ROI and sales volume using SEO and PPC
• Create reports of your findings and recommendations for SEO and PPC to present to your management or clients
• Develop a strong and effective search marketing strategy that will have an immediate impact on your business and campaigns.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have basic computing skills and experience of using a web browser on a PC or a Mac.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course will be delivered online, and will involve tutor presentation and class discussion. Student preparation and homework outside class times is strongly encouraged. To fully participate in this online class you will need:
- An email address
- A reliable internet connection
- A computer/laptop/tablet with a fully updated browser (preferably google chrome). Your device will need a microphone, and preferably a camera.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
City Lit Pro: Introduction to Mobile Marketing Strategy, City Lit Pro: Introduction to marketing metrics and ROI, City Lit Pro: implementing a content strategy, City Lit Pro: introduction to conversion rate Optimisation, Google AdWords: introduction, Google Analytics: introduction.