What is the course about?
Working hands free enables you to minimise stress to your hands when treating clients. This hands on bespoke City Lit massage routine has been devised by specialists to enable you to deliver a unique and effective treatment for your clients.
What will we cover?
• What is “No Hands’ massage
• Contraindications and cautions
• How to perform a “no Hands” treatment
• City Lit “No Hands” full body treatment.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Identify the benefits you client will receive from a “no hands” massage
• Identify contraindications, cautions and modifications to support your treatment
• Self assess strategies to minimise stress to your body when treating
• Demonstrate the City Lit “no hands” massage
• Consider appropriate home care to offer your client.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is designed for those who hold a level 3 or above qualification in Massage, Aromatherapy or Sports massage.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
• Class discussions and presentations
• Hands on demonstrations
• Pair and small group work
• Practical work
• Self reflection
• Flipped learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Pen and paper for making notes.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
A range of other CPD courses for professional therapists is available, such as: Advanced massage using sports massage techniques; Deep Tissue massage for Professionals; Practitioners Certificate in Japanese Facial Rejuvenation.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details