What is the course about?
Start the week off with a few hours dedicated to you. More and more science on gratitude and happiness is being discovered showing that we have the power to restructure our brain to be happier and more content with the ups and downs we have in our daily lives. We can become flourishing individuals with a positive impact on the world and our communities through adopting simple tips and techniques and regular practise. Come and discover fun ways to add to your daily toolkit. Over the eight weeks, led by a Happiness coach and scientist, discover how your outlook to life may change to help combat anxiety, stress, isolation and the general rushed feeling of daily urban life to one of more optimism, confidence and empowered feelings over your own life.
What will we cover?
• The science of wellbeing and happiness
• Why we feel like we do
• What is flow and how can we get more of it
• Cultivating kindness
• Different gratitude practises available, with time to practise in between classes
• A toolkit to use to improve your happiness and for those around you
• Easy to use mindfulness (kind-fulness), some reflection and light meditation/visualisation
• Introduction to mindful self compassion
• Harnessing the power of nature and fostering relationships
• How you can help spread happiness and gratitude.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Feel equipped with some practical steps to help you through the ups and downs of daily life
• Have a toolkit of techniques to foster a grateful outlook on life
• Have a more positive outlook on life.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introduction level, no prior knowledge will be expected.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a series of exercises in a fun, interactive way using exercises in pairs, groups and discussion. Some suggestions for work to do in between sessions to experience the impact of regular practise.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No other costs. If you can remember, please bring a notepad and pen, an open mind and willingness to get stuck in. It would be helpful to buy a special notebook for home to do some journalling and you’re welcome to bring anything to make you feel more comfortable (bottle of water, clothing, a cushion etc).
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other course from our extensive programme.