What is the course about?
This course aims to strengthen your elementary knowledge of Danish. You will learn new structures and vocabulary around different topics to express yourself in everyday situations. The emphasis is on speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Films & books, holidays, clothes shopping, people and their characteristics.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Speak about the plot of a book or play
- Speak about going on holiday
- Describe people and clothes
- conjugate regular and irregular verbs
- use the imperfect and imperfect past of the verb where appropriate
- Use adjectives with correct declension- Make comparisons.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You should have attended Danish 2, module 1 or an equivalent level.
You will also need to be able to respond to simple instructions and explanations, as well as read course documents, in English. You will need to be at ease with the use of numbers for daily activities (e.g. using money, telling the time, using the 24 hour clock, reading timetables). It would also be helpful if you had some knowledge of basic grammar terminology such as: a verb, a noun and conjugation.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Please note, students are expected to participate in oral classroom activities and to do some homework as and when required.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Optional: Text book: Aktivt Dansk by Lise Bostrup, Akademisk Forlag.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If there is demand, Danish 2, module 3.