What is the course about?
This is a practical course that introduces you to Modelling & reporting with Power BI /Power Pivot. You will learn how to connect to multiple data sources and combine them into a data model that lets you build visuals and reports for business intelligence projects.
What will we cover?
1. Introduction to Power BI & Power Pivot
2. Importing data into Power BI
3. Manipulate queries
4. Data modelling & power queries
5. Reporting and Power Pivot
6. Introduction to DAX: Data Analysis Expressions
7. Measures and calculated columns
8. Setting up a KPI report.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
1. Connect to data
2. Transform and clean that data, to create a data model
3. Create visuals, such as charts or graphs, that provide visual representations of the data
4. Create reports that are collections of visuals, on one or more report pages.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for beginners, first time users but you must have good knowledge of Pivot Tables, and Advanced Excel skills.
Power BI skills and training benefits those who are, or want to become Analysts, Business Intelligence professionals (often referred to as report creators), and others: Professionals, academics, businesses.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Power BI functionality and skills will be covered in class with practical examples.Students will need to practice what they learned after each class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Introduction to DAX: data analysis expression for Power BI.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details