What is the course about?
This course will help you how to create and design your own website. You will learn how to set up your own portfolio site, how to add photos and videos and how to edit and update data in your own website. You will also learn how to maintain security and how to manage your own website.
What will we cover?
• Setting up a WordPress portfolio site
• Selecting a theme and styling your own site such as for deaf websites
• Adding media such as photos and videos
• Editing and updating text
• Creating menus and links to your own website.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Access your own site in WordPress
• Select and modify themes and styles such as for deaf websites
• Add pages and upload media
• Create menus and add links to your own website.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a basic level web design course and you need to able to use Internet with confidence.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard, overhead screen and printed notes. Step-by-step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Classes are taught in British Sign Language, and written English.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a folder, pens and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are a variety of other courses you could do either at the same time and after this course - for example:
Digital photography: edit and improve your photos with Photoshop
Google Drive and the Cloud
Introduction to Indesign.