What is the course about?
This course offers a chance to consolidate the skills gained in ‘Designing websites for visual artists with WordPress: stage 1’ and enhance an existing WordPress portfolio site. You will learn about WP's powerful Portfolio projects feature and explore techniques how to improve images on your website.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Revision of WordPress basics— pages and posts, adding content
• Learn to use the 'portfolio projects' feature in WordPress
• Learn to prepare and optimise your images
• Workshop your site.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Add content to your site using pages/posts/projects and widgets
• Use Portfolio projects to organise and categorise your work
• Prepare images that are appropriate size and quality
• Integrate your site with social media platforms and other web sites.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
You will have completed Designing websites for visual artists with WordPress: stage 1 or an equivalent WordPress course. Please familiarise yourself with the course outline for stage 1 and ensure you have some knowledge of the skills covered. You will have an active WordPress web site and be ready to add to it or make changes.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught using a range of techniques including workshops, short lectures, demonstrations, practical exercises, tutorials, group and individual assistance. You will have access to online resources outside of class time and will be expected to practice and develop your website.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You must have an existing WordPress website that you have worked on in the last 3 months.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
WordPress: intermediate, Customising a WordPress website, HTML5 & CSS: introduction (stage 1).