What is the course about?
You will learn how to use Adobe Photoshop so you can edit photos or images by resizing, cropping, rotating, using editing tools, using layout styles and text styles. You will be able to create a beautiful looking digital photo album or poster to advertise events whether on-line or on paper – for example to post on deaf community forums or to advertise meetings.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Introduction to the Basics of Adobe Photoshop
• Using Photoshop’s editing tools to enhance your photos
• Applying layer styles and special filters to create special effects
• Applying colour adjustments to digital images
• Producing a digital photo album and poster.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Use various editing tools in Adobe Photoshop
• Resize, crop and rotate and colour balance
• Use layer styles and special filters to edit an image
• Apply colour adjustments to an image
• Use text styles, draw shapes and lines
• Create a digital photo album and/or poster.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is a basic level photo editing course and you need to be able to use a keyboard and mouse. To find out your level of skills, you will need to complete the initial assessment & the interview before enrolling. To book the assessment & the interview, please contact: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; phone (sms): 07307 810118; phone (voice): 02074922511.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Each student has their own computer. Presentations will be made using computers, interactive whiteboard,
overhead screen and printed notes. Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where approximate, will help you
grasp the concepts. The course will be task-based so you are doing activities you would normally do in an office or
other workplace. Classes are taught in British Sign Language, and written English.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Please bring a USB memory stick, a folder with plastic wallets, pens and paper.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Your attendance and punctuality is expected to be at 85% or above. At the end of this course, your course tutor will review your learning progress including your attendance/punctuality and will advise accordingly.
Google drive and the cloud - for Deaf people.