Digital skills for business: how to present and communicate data integrating Word, PowerPoint and Excel - a project-based approach (advanced)
Time: 10:00 - 13:00
This course is FREE if a) you are on a Low Wage or b) you are either on Jobseekers' Allowance (JSA) or Employment & Support Allowance(ESA) or c) you want to get a job or progress into a better job and you receive other state benefits (including Universal Credit). For more information click here
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
- Course Code: CWP06
- Dates: 02/06/24 - 30/06/24
- Time: 10:00 - 13:00
- Taught: Sun, Daytime
- Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
- Location: Online
Course Code: CWP06
Duration: 5 sessions (over 5 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course is about how to integrate features of Word, Excel and PowerPoint so you can produce sophisticated documents and presentations and in particular present data effectively and efficiently. It will enable you to combine all the skills you have learned on other Microsoft 365 courses to complete typical business projects. You will focus on how to integrate Excel data and charts with PowerPoint, link Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating, master Excel data integration into Word, use linking to embed data, insert Excel spreadsheets into Word. You will also learn how to use Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline and to use Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
•understanding and identifying how combining Work, Excel and PowerPoint can lead to efficient and well-presented data analysis
• integrating Excel data and charts with PowerPoint
• linking vs embedding data
•linking Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating
• integrating Excel data into Word
•inserting an Excel Spreadsheet into Word
• using Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline.
• using Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
•analyse and identify how combining Work, Excel and PowerPoint can lead to efficient and well-presented data analysis
• integrate Excel data and charts with PowerPoint
• identify when to link vs embed data
•link Excel data and charts with PowerPoint for automatic updating
• integrate Excel data into Word
•insert an Excel Spreadsheet into Word
• use Word to create a new PowerPoint presentation by utilizing a Word Outline.
• use Word to create customizable PowerPoint speaker notes and handouts.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for advanced used of MS Office and aimed at anyone needing to produce high quality documents and presentations in the workplace.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will learn in a supportive and welcoming environment with an emphasis on your discovering how to do and complete projects and tasks, with guidance from the tutor. You will work on typical projects you need to complete in business both on your own and with other students so you are always practising not only key digital skills but also the most important in-demand life and work skills such as problem-solving, decision-making, prioritising, negotiating, collaborating and independence. You will learn in a step by step manner so you can complete challenging tasks in enjoyable and relaxing ways. Your tutor will also work with you individually so you know how to improve and how to work in a way that improves your learning. You will need to do work outside the classroom and use Google Classroom to help you.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need a pen, paper and a folder to keep your work in. Your tutor will provide handouts and a code for Google classroom so you can communicate with classmates and access materials, videos etc. online.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
There are many courses you can do before, during or after this course. These include:
• Business Administration: using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (intermediate)
• Business Administration: getting ready for level 3 certificate in IT user skills - ICDL Advanced (intermediate)
• Business administration: how to organise and manage with OneNote, MS Outlook and OneDrive (intermediate)
• Award in Digital and IT Skills: word-processing, spreadsheets, presentations and databases (level 2)
• Digital skills for business: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate)
• Digital skills for business: visualising data with Excel - from column charts to scatter plots (intermediate)
• Digital skills for the workplace: creating newsletters, reports and tables with Word (intermediate)
• Digital skills for business: presenting and managing professional-looking documents with Word and Excel - from reports to newsletters (intermediate)
You can do classes in the maths and English areas. These include:
• Communication skills for business: how to tell a story with data in your writing and presentations (level 2)
• Communication skills for business: how to be clear, concise and organised in your writing (level 2)
• Core management skills: leading and building teams (introduction)
• Core management skills: organising, delegating, decision-making (introduction)
• Business administration with digital skills: communication skills in a business environment (advanced level 2)
• Becoming data literate: how to present data for work or study (level 2)
• Becoming data literate: understanding data and how it is presented from pie-charts to bell curves (level 2)
• Maths for business: the essential skills to run a company and make a profit (level 1-2)
• Maths for business with Excel: the essential skills to run a company and make a profit (level 1-2)
For more information, talk with your tutor or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 4582 0423.