What is the course about?
This is an extensive course covering all theoretical and practical aspects of Aromatherapy. The course provides a progressive learning structure enabling you to reach the standard set out by ITEC syllabus and complete a practical exam. This course also offers a unique approach to the anatomy of the physical body, considering the anatomy of the subtle bodies, Auras and Chakras, promoting a deeper understanding of the root causes of our present problems, following the teaching and principles of Essenian Healing.
More info: www.pranavoice.com/essenian-healing.
What will we cover?
This is an integrated course consisting of four units:
Unit 382: Provide Aromatherapy Massage for Complementary Therapies
Unit 383: Knowledge of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology for Complementary Therapists
Unit 384: Principles and Practice of Complementary Therapies
Unit 385: Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
- Origins and Understanding of Essenian Healing - Subtle and Physical Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology (Auric Reading, Anomalies in the Aura, Subtle bodies, Chakra, Nadi, Prana, Internal organs and body systems, influence of Beliefs, Emotions and Thought Forms in the manifestation of pathologies).
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Define Essenian Healing in simple terms - List and use Essential Oils for Chakras.
- Prepare yourself and an appropriate treatment environment in accordance with current legislation and working practice - Consult with clients, recognise and evaluate contraindications and precautions and recognise referral procedures - Perform and be able to adapt aromatherapy treatments where necessary - Blend and apply essential oils - Identify methods of extraction, chemical constituents, storage and blending techniques of over 42+ oils (ITEC and Essenian Healing oils) - Utilise a variety of treatment methods to include: massage, compresses, inhalation, clay work - Detail the history, philosophy and role of Aromatherapy and evaluate its physiological and psychological effects - Explain the structure, function and nature of plants in relation to essential and fixed oils and other media - Provide suitable after care advice - Reach the standard required to sit the theory and practical examinations set by ITEC.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy and Anatomy, physiology pathology.
No prior experience is necessary, although this course is especially designed for those who already completed Essenian Healing level 1 and/or 2.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Lectures, discussions, group work, demonstrations, practical sessions, pair work. YOU WILL REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF 5 - 10 HOURS WORK EACH WEEK OUTSIDE OF CLASS TIME PLUS A FURTHER 5 HOURS PER WEEK TO COMPLETE AND WRITE UP TREATMENT EVIDENCE
- You will need to find clients to undertake case studies outside of class time.
- It is essential that you have access to a massage couch outside of class.
- You will need to also have access to a computer and the internet in order to research project work. (facilities are available at City Lit)
This is a professional practitioner course including business elements. The use of ICT (Information & Communication Technology) skills is also required.
ALL ASSIGNMENTS, CASE STUDIES AND TREATMENT EVIDENCE FORMS MUST BE WORD PROCESSED.
City Lit is committed to the delivery of functional skills, the supported learning centre has various resources for students without access to computers or the internet.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
- You are required to wear a professional uniform for the practical elements and the exams of all ITEC courses.
The cost of the uniform is included in the course fee. The college will provide each student with one (unisex) uniform (shoes not included). There is no reduction in course fees for students wishing to provide their own uniform, which must meet the standards set by the institute.
- Two large bath towels (any colour towel may be used during course)
- Two large white towels for the final exam
- Massage mediums & essential oils (please see notes below)
- ANTIBACTERIAL wet wipes
- two foolscap / lever arch folders (one for course notes and one for case studies)
- some writing materials (note paper, pens, pencils, etc.)
COURSE BOOKS - An Introductory Guide to Aromatherapy by Louise Tucker - Introduction to Anatomy, physiology and pathology by Louise Tucker. Further recommended reading will be provided by the tutor. YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE YOUR OWN OILS WHICH IS A SUBSTANTIAL COST
You can purchase a kit of ITEC 42 Essential Oils mainly 10 ml (price should be around £130 - £160, depending on the company/website), pluse a few more oils to be used for Essenian Healing Therapies.
YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE your own shoes, basic first aid kit, towels and other resources for the examination.
The exam fee is included in the course cost. The exams must be taken on the date set by the Institute.
As an accredited course you will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence. This may incur charges for printing, photocopying and stationary which is not included in the course fees.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
-Other professional bodywork courses and CPD. Setting up your own practice. Teaching.
-Essenian Healing Level 2 (late 2020). N.B. The whole training in Essenian Healing includes 3 levels + 3 external seminars ran by Anne Givaudan and Dr. Antoine Achram, to be completed before or after level 3 (to be able to ask for insurance to practice officially). More info: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.pranavoice.com.