Time: 18:30 - 21:30
Location: Dual Mode (Online or In Person)
This course will be delivered online or in person. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
What is the course about?
It builds on the Digital Skills for the workplace: using Excel (intermediate) or Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate) course and introduces the more advanced features of the application. The course covers some of the formulae associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations. Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
You can choose to attend this course either live online or in person.
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Conditional Formatting
• More advanced formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions).
• Using data tables
• More advanced linking of worksheets for calculations
• Naming data ranges and using names in calculations.
• Advanced sorting of data
• Advanced filtering of data
• Scenario Manger
• Data Validation and Auditing Spreadsheets
• Using pivot tables
• Recording macros.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Produce calculations using formulas incorporating various functions (COUNTIF, SUMIF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, DATE and TIME functions, Text, PMT, PV, FV, DATABASE Functions, and summarise values from different worksheets/workbooks
• Work with large and more complicated worksheets with confidence.
• Sort and filter data using specified criteria
• Analyse data using pivot tables
• Set up best/worst case scenarios
• Automate tasks using macros.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an advanced course and you should have completed the Digital Skills for the workplace: using Excel (intermediate) or Digital skills for the workplace: analysing, handling and presenting data with Excel (intermediate) course, or have working knowledge or experience of using Excel.
You should also be able to follow spoken and written instructions and be comfortable carrying out mathematical calculations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Step by step instruction, with demonstrations where appropriate, will help you grasp the concepts. Course notes will be provided by the tutor in Google Classroom.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs, however you need to have Microsoft Office installed, preferably 2016 or later.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view our Microsoft Office courses.
Terry has worked as a lecturer at the City Lit for over 20 years in a number of different departments namely Business Technology, Universal Skill, Staff Development, Progress and Business Development Team. He has been delivering Internal and external training to companies and individuals requesting bespoke training on a number of MS Office applications, from beginners to advanced levels both as an employee of City Lit and as a freelance trainer, some businesses include NHS, Solicitors, Delegates from the Indian Government, to mention but a few. Applications includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Internet browsers (Stay Safe Online) as well as Windows File Management and PC Maintenance. Terry is enthusiastic about delivering teaching whether face to face or as an online course and believe learning should be fun and rewarding. He is known for his patience, ability to translate information clearly and challenging student to become more visual when learning, thus making them less dependent on their handouts, work colleagues. We look forward to seeing you in one of his classes.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.