What is the course about?
You will be engaging with the principles of using formulas and functions in your spreadsheets.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
• Introduction to the structure of a formula
• Introduction to useful formulas, from simple functions such as SUM to more advanced functions such as VLOOKUP and SUMIF
• The Insert Function dialog box and finding all the possible functions
• The Formulas ribbon
• Conditional formatting using formulas.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Create formulas for use in your spreadsheets
• Identify how to structure common formulas
• Be comfortable using the Insert Function dialog box.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
The course is at an intermediate level. An understanding of the basic features of Excel, such as the general layout of a spreadsheet and entering data, is required.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Your tutor will introduce and demonstrate topics. You will do practical exercises using Excel on your own computer.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
You will need to have Excel 2016 or later on your computer.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Excel: expert, Excel: financial modelling, Excel: analysing data, Excel: advanced, Introduction to VBA, Excel: analysing your spreadsheet with pivot tables, Pivot tables: a deeper look.