What is the course about?
This course is about learning how to build a financial model in Excel from scratch through the valuation process of a given company. This will be illustrated by an application analysis of a publicly traded company. While this course will cover parts of Financial Statements Analysis, the focus will be on building the model in Excel.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
1) Customising the settings in Excel to accommodate the Model:
• Creating new Format in the Worksheet: Numbers, Text, Font and Size
• Exporting the Format to other Workbooks
• Don’t use the mouse
2) Advanced excel Functions:
• Advanced Conditional Functions
• The look up School (Advanced)
3) Start building the model
• Reformulating and transcribing the Income statement in Excel
• Reformulating and transcribing the Balance Sheet in Excel
• Building the Cash Flow Statement in Excel
• Scenario Analysis: Forecast & Valuation.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Build and share with colleagues a financial model that links up the three statements under different scenarios (e.g., expected economic growth)
• The model would return an estimated value of a company under each scenario.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
• Excel Advanced
• Basic understanding of Financial reporting
• If you don't have any experience in Financial reporting, we recommend that you attend the 'Introduction to business accounting" courses first.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught through demonstrations from the tutor and practical tasks to complete which will help you to understand the material being presented. There will be no work outside of the class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no other costs. You will need to have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer, preferably 2016 or later.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Introduction to VBA, Data analysis with Power BI, Introduction to DAX: data analysis expression for Power BI, Excel: advanced. Excel: expert, A beginner’s guide to SQL, Introduction to SQL and Microsoft SQL server.