What is the course about?
This workshop offers a historical and sociocultural perspective of Catalonia and then focusses on four regions: the capital Barcelona, the Ebro Delta region, Montserrat and the Catalan Pyrenees. The course also explores the historical, cultural, natural and gastronomical aspects of each region. Finally, the course offers a number of useful tips for those who wish to visit the country. Last but not least, this session provides ample opportunity for Q & A.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- History and general aspects of the country
- Description of the four regions
- Natural, historical and cultural attractions of each region
- Guide and tips for tourists
- Dos and Don'ts.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Take part in a group discussion about perceptions of Catalonia before / after the course
- Discuss with other participants travel experiences in Catalonia
- Better understand the cultural and political context of Catalonia
- Plan more appropriately for a trip to Catalonia.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Students of all levels are welcome, as it will be an informative workshop done in Spanish. You should have an elementary level of the language (at least an A2 level).
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
The course is based on the communicative approach:
- active students’ interaction
- emphasis on speaking and listening skills
- pair and group work
- role plays
- use of realia, pictures and authentic material
- use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
All materials will be provided by the tutor.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other Explore workshop courses. Please, ask the tutor or call the Languages Department on 020 7492 2644.