What is the course about?
This interactive and practical workshop will help you to develop your skills in facilitating conversation groups for People with Aphasia.
What will we cover?
- Facilitating conversation and participation
- Managing groups and optimising learning
- Sharing resources and ideas for activities
- The service user perspective
- Goal setting: agreeing achievable communication goals
- Facilitating/setting up peer-led groups.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
Identify strategies and resources which optimise the effectiveness of conversation groups.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is for qualified speech and language therapists only.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This workshop will be classroom-based and highly interactive.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Other speech therapy professional training courses / workshops.
General information and advice on courses at City Lit is available from the Student Centre and Library on Monday to Friday from 12:00 – 19:00.
See the course guide for term dates and further details