What is the course about?
This course is designed to help you develop more self-awareness and insight into how anxiety and stress affect you mentally and physically. You will be encouraged to recognise your own unnecessary tensions and behavioural patterns. You will learn how to cultivate more calmness, groundness, improved breathing and learn new movement patterns.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Anxiety, stress and the nervous system.
Benefits of mindful pauses and self-care during each day.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- Recognise your own behavioural and movement patterns
- Identify two ways to ease anxiety and stress using Feldenkrais movement
- Practise and explore sequences of mindful Feldenkrais movements
- Select some mindful Feldenkrais movement for your learning and daily self-care.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Everyone is welcome, no previous knowledge or experience is needed. However you should be able to get down on the floor and up again independently. If you have a disability or health concern, please contact the Health and Lifestyle department in advance. You should be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
This course is based on experiential learning and is verbally led. The tutor guides you through the movement sequences. The movements are explored at your own pace and comfort with regular mini-rests.This can be explored in standing, sitting or lying down. You will be encouraged to practice some of the movemnts and sequences outside of the class.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
No. Please wear loose, comfortable clothing.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
You can enrol onto another Feldenkrsis course or any other movemnt course.