What is the course about?
Incorporating Chi Kung Practices, and simple movement to free the restrictions to breath and exploring breath practices from varied yoga & wholistic approaches.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
Different, gentle Chi Kung routines.
Intention in movement.
Thorough and effective breath release though a variety of yoga and associated practices.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Find and explore free relaxed breath related movement suitable for your body
• Know what joints need warming up and how to use a gentle routine to help body and breath release
• Have practiced a variety of gentle moving postures
• Describe the benefits of good breathing habits
• Practice certain exercises independently at home.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for anyone in basic good health.
You are required to read and write short sentences, follow verbal and visual instructions and extract information from handouts.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Instructions, explanations, demonstrations
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs, although you will need space to move and suitable clothing you can comfortably sit and move in.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Complementary therapies, Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Kum Nye or Meditation courses. Any other yoga or meditation course at the City Lit.