French 2 lower: module 1
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Choose a start date
This course has now finished
- Course Code: LF1020
- Dates: 26/09/23 - 05/12/23
- Time: 18:00 - 19:30
- Taught: Tue, Evening
- Duration: 11 sessions (over 11 weeks)
- Location: Online
- Tutor: Daniel Fernandez
Course Code: LF1020
Please choose another course date
Duration: 11 sessions (over 11 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course will aim to consolidate and further develop your elementary knowledge of French. You will learn new structures and vocabulary around different topics. You will also learn more about the French speaking world. The emphasis will be placed on speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- topics: your skills and centres of interest at work; work and life events.
- language point: revision and consolidation of the present tense; the passé composé; introduction to the imperfect; time markers; the interrogative; present tense of verbs savoir and connaitre; jobs; skills; attributes; seasons and months; clothes; colours; body parts.
- culture: French NGOs; French clichés.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- describe and share your skills and centres of interest
- talk about current and past habits
- give advice
- shop for things
- talk about the weather
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for those who have recently studied French for about a year or who have an equivalent knowledge of the language.
In order to join this course, you shouls be able to do the following:
- talk about your habits
- ask others about their habits
- talk about what you have done recently
- take part in real life short conversations.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material. Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 5-6 of Entre Nous 1, publisher emdl, ISBN number 978-84-8443-918-9.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
French 2 lower: module 2 starting next term. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice.
Daniel Fernández is a French tutor who was born and grew up in a small industrial town in the French Alps. He was inspired not only by his great teachers but also by his first experiences teaching English during his studies in southeast Asia. Daniel has experience of teaching French at all levels in a variety of contexts including companies, local authorities, charities, and private clients. He likes the energy and commitment required to meet the challenges of teaching. He also finds teaching French rewarding and enjoys seeing learning take place in the classroom.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.