French 2 lower: module 3
Time: 18:00 - 19:30
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
Choose a start date
- Course Code: LF286
- Dates: 15/01/24 - 18/03/24
- Time: 18:00 - 19:30
- Taught: Mon, Evening
- Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
- Location: Online
- Tutor: Pascale Vuittenez
Course Code: LF286
Choose a start date
Duration: 10 sessions (over 10 weeks)
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course aims to consolidate and further develop your elementary knowledge of French. You will learn new structures and vocabulary around different everyday life topics. You will also learn more about the French speaking world. The emphasis will be put on speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- topics: dwellings; comparisons and preferences; current and past life.
- language points: comparatives; superlatives; prepositions to locate places; the imperfect tense; past and present time markers; types of dwellings; rooms in a dwelling; feelings; emotions; historical events; changes in society.
- culture: students' accomodation in France; important French laws.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- describe where you live
- make comparisons between the past and the present
- express preferences
- share life experiences
- know more about French laws that have impacted on society
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable if you have completed a French 2 lower: module 2 course or have an equivalent level.
In order to join the course, you should be able to do the following:
- talk about outings and holiday
- ask questions about food
- talk about your food habits
- talk about your lifestyle
- plan and organise an event.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.
Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 1-2-3 of Entre Nous 2, publisher emdl, ISBN number ISBN 978-84-8443-927-1. We suggest that you do not purchase the course book until after the first class.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
French 2 upper: module 1, starting next term. If you are unsure about what to do next, please ask your tutor for advice. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed.
A love of language, of words, of the intricacies of grammar was instilled at an early age into Pascale as a young child, sitting at the back of ther mother's classroom, taking it all in. Her professional destiny was sealed... After setting up and delivering language courses in the private sector as well as government agencies and TV channels she was eager to enter the great community and the ethos of Adult Education. Pascale believes that it is both an enormous privilege and responsability to instill, foster and sustain a thirst for learning in a fun, safe and welcoming environment. Her secret ingredients are humour and energy.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.