French 2 upper: focus on listening
Time: 11:00 - 13:00
Location: Keeley Street
This course has now finished
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
In this course you will work on your listening skills through recordings, videos and exercises to help you focus on the main points of the spoken language. The course will also briefly focus on sounds and pronunciation in order to make you aware of what to expect while listening to French native speakers in order to be able to capture more of what they are saying.
What will we cover?
- Intonation and pronunciation.
- strategies on how to listen effectively.
- Close listening to dialogues and videos.
- A mix of different topics from everyday situations to help you cope better in your interactions with French speakers.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
-Gain confidence in your listening skills.
- Be aware of some tricks and tips of how French is spoken .
- Better recognise sounds and intonation.
- Have a better-trained ear to understand spoken French more easily.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is intended for lower intermediate students of French. For City Lit students, that will mean students on a 2 Upper course. You should have studied French for at least 2 years. Please note that this is a listening skills course, so the focus will be on listening skills rather than grammar or vocabulary.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs or texts.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
If you are not already enrolled on one of our mainstream French courses, the tutor will advise you about progression routes.