French beginners: module 2
Time: 19:35 - 21:05
This course will be delivered online. See the ‘What is the course about?’ section in course details for more information.
This course has now started
What is the course about?
The course will enable you to feel confident continuing to use French and will take you on a journey to discover the French speaking world. The course will introduce new structures and vocabulary gradually. You will build up your confidence in all four skills, with an emphasis on speaking and listening.
This is a live online course. You will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera is best (e.g. a PC/laptop/iMac/MacBook), or a tablet/iPad/smart phone/iPhone if you don't have a computer.
We will contact you with joining instructions before your course starts.
What will we cover?
- topics: family; routine and free time; hobbies and centres of interest; the area you live in.
- language points: present tense of some common irregular verbs; il y a/ il n'y a pas de; personal pronoun on; prepositions à/en; asking questions; agreement of adjectives; possessive adjectives; countries; places in town; names of shops; means of transport; members of the family; leisure activities.
- culture: discover Paris and Lyon; some French speaking festivals.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
- to speak about your familly
- to speak about your routine
- to speak about your free time
- to describe the area you live in
- to talk about your interests
Please note that the learning outcomes may vary depending on the general progress made by the students.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
Suitable for students who have completed French Beginner: module 1 or have studied the language for approximately 15 hours. You shoud be able to do the following:
- to talk about yourself
- to understand what others say about themselves
- to ask others about them
- to order food and drinks in a café
- to recognise common French sounds.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
Our courses are characterised by spoken interaction and communication. Typical activities include pair work, group work, role plays and games. A range of resources will be used to support your learning including presentations, hand-outs, and audio-visual material.Homework is highly recommended to consolidate learning.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
Textbook and exercise book: Based on units 2,3 & 4) of Entre Nous 1, publisher emdl, ISBN number 978-84-8443-918-9.
Please try the European Bookshop by selecting 'City Lit' and the language you are studying at this web page or call them at 020 7734 5259. If you state on the website, by phone or in the shop that you are studying with us, you can claim a 10% discount. You might be asked for your student number.
Please note that you might not cover all the activities in the book during the course.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
French 1: module 3 starting next term. Please enrol as soon as possible as places cannot be guaranteed. Please ask your tutor for advice if you are unsure about what to do next.
A love of language, of words, of the intricacies of grammar was instilled at an early age into Pascale as a young child, sitting at the back of ther mother's classroom, taking it all in. Her professional destiny was sealed... After setting up and delivering language courses in the private sector as well as government agencies and TV channels she was eager to enter the great community and the ethos of Adult Education. Pascale believes that it is both an enormous privilege and responsability to instill, foster and sustain a thirst for learning in a fun, safe and welcoming environment. Her secret ingredients are humour and energy.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.