Generative AI: a short introduction
Time: 10:30 - 16:30
Location: Keeley Street
Choose a start date
This course has now finished
- Course Code: CMART14
- Dates: 25/11/23 - 25/11/23
- Time: 10:30 - 16:30
- Taught: Sat, Daytime
- Duration: 1 session
- Location: Keeley Street
- Tutor: Kate Scott
Course Code: CMART14
Please choose another course date
Duration: 1 session
Please note: We offer a wide variety of financial support to make courses affordable. Just visit our online Help Center for more information on a range of topics including fees, online learning and FAQs.
What is the course about?
This course will teach you what Generative AI is and how can it be used in business, home, and education.
What will we cover?
Understanding Generative AI
• What is Generative AI and how does it work?
• Explaining Generative AI models in simple terms
• Examples of Generative AI in everyday life
Use Cases of Generative AI
• Generative AI in art and creative fields
• Enhancing content creation and storytelling
• Personalisation and recommendation systems
Challenges and Ethical Considerations
• Potential risks and biases in generative AI
• Privacy and security concerns with generative AI
• Responsible use and ethical considerations
Practical Applications and Demos
• Introduction to user-friendly generative AI tools
• Hands-on session with generative AI tools and platforms
• Showcase of real-world examples and outcomes.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Explain what Generative AI is, what it can be used for, and what the potential risks are
• Create your own prompts in Generative AI tools using ChatGPT and DALL-E to produce text and media in seconds.
• Understand what makes a good prompt.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This is an introduction to the generative AI suitable for beginners. There are no pre-requisites.
How will I be taught, and will there be any work outside the class?
You will be taught step by step through using presentations, demonstrations, and by completing practical exercises. There is no homework.
Are there any other costs? Is there anything I need to bring?
There are no additional costs, you will need an email account to be able to register for free ChatGPT and DALL-E accounts.
When I've finished, what course can I do next?
Please click here to view our courses in the Technology area or click here to view our Programming and Maths courses.
Disclaimer: Use of Third-Party Software
This course might require you to either use your own personal account or create an account for the purposes of this course. City Lit cannot accept any responsibility for any failings of the third party or provide technical support. Whilst using the software you will be responsible for abiding by the providers terms and conditions and maintaining your own work.
Kate is an experienced digital marketer and UX (user experience) designer, who's worked in Australia, Hong Kong, and the UK. She's spent much of her career in large tech and telecommunications firms, working with the human end of cutting edge technologies. She has a Masters degree in UX Design from the University of Technology, Sydney and was trained by IBM in enterprise design thinking, Agile project management, Agile for marketing and Agile for AI projects. She's taught at the University of Hong Kong, and for Surf Lifesaving Australia - and suggests not getting bitten by a blue-ringed octopus.
Please note: We reserve the right to change our tutors from those advertised. This happens rarely, but if it does, we are unable to refund fees due to this. Our tutors may have different teaching styles; however we guarantee a consistent quality of teaching in all our courses.